If you are anything like most North Texans, chances are you will be spending a good deal of time outdoors this summer. Swimming in the pool, lounging on your patio in the evening, grilling with friends and family, and more.
But what condition is the exterior of your home in?
During the winter months, most homeowners stay indoors and pay little attention to what is happening on the exterior of the home. Take advantage of this time before the heat of summer hits to inspect the exterior of your home for any issues that need to be addressed:
· General Inspection: Take a good look at all sides of your home. You may notice different issues on different sides, given the material and the weather. Sun, heat, wind, rain, and other natural elements are known to wreck havoc on your home in different ways.
· Fascia & Soffits: Fascia boards are the boards that run vertically facing down from the overhang and soffits run horizontal underneath the overhang. Inspect these boards for cracks, loose sections, or general deterioration.
· Gutters & Downspouts: Now that the leaves have come in on the trees, clear the gutters and downpouts of any remaining debris or pollen that may be clogging the lines. It’s also important to check the condition of the gutters and whether or not they can hold the necessary amount of water to deflect water from the home.
· Siding: Inspect siding for deterioration or loose parts that are no longer secure.
· Brick: Look for cracks in the mortar that are there from age or from water/bug issues.
· Windows: Inspect each window to see if new caulk is needed. Do any necessary repairs as soon as possible to prevent further damage and lower your energy bills.
· Foundation: Walk around the home and look for any cracks in the foundation or signs of termites.
· Outdoor spaces: Inspect all pergolas, arbors, and decks to make sure the wood is still in excellent condition. Re-stain the wood if necessary. Also, power wash patio spaces, blow off debris, etc.
Need help inspecting your home’s exterior or in search of a Plano repairman to make these repairs for you? Look no further than Castle Doctor: your one stop shop for handling all of your home’s maintenance needs – so that you don’t have to!